on all orders over $75 (Australia only)
all orders $75 (Australia only)
Why switch to shampoo bars?
Let me tell you a short reason why we started making and using shampoo bars. When my second daughter was about two and a half years old, she started losing her hair and soon, there were a few bald spots on various areas of her head. Her hair has just started falling out more and we didn't know why even the specialist we consulted weren't sure what had caused it, whether it was stress or chemicals.
Since that incident, there was the news about Johnson's baby powder and cancer that be caused by using sodium lauryl sulphate SLSs in commercial shampoo - I decided to switch completely to all handmade natural soaps and started making shampoo bars.
We believe that with a bar of soap or shampoo bar made with no synthetic ingredients, artificial colours, fragrant oils, preservatives, foam boosters nor chemicals - our body, hair and scalp will be healthier.
When you switch to the shampoo bar, you will receive benefits such as increased volume, faster-growing hair, reduced dandruff (my first daughter can prove this benefit), shinier hair... and you can truly fall in love with your hair.
What is the difference between the normal soap bar and shampoo bar?
The process of making them is exactly the same and the ingredients are similar if you look at the list. I sometimes use normal bar soap on my hair for convenience and the results still feel so good - hair clean and smooth. :)
The difference between normal soap bars and shampoo bars is the formula. Because the scalp is different from our body skin, we need to add extra special oil for the scalp and hair such as jojoba oil, camelia oil or argan oil, etc.
In addition to special oils, we also add botanicals, herbs and essential oils that are known to help nourish the hair and scalp.
How to use a shampoo bar?
- Start with wetting and rinsing your hair thoroughly
- Rinse the shampoo bar under the running water then rub it directly onto your hair from scalp to ends in a combing motion.
- Gently massage scalp and hair, adding more water if needed until good lather forms.
- To prevent tangles, always work from the top down to the end of the hair.
- Rinse, rinse, rinse and repeat if desired. I always repeat twice if I do not wash my hair every day. For the first times using a shampoo bar, you really need to repeat twice or three times.